Specialized Breast Pathology Care
Helping Deliver Better Medicine, Faster
A unique service
CBLPath’s Department of Breast Pathology combines the performance of an academic institution with the service of a local facility to help you deliver definitive diagnoses, ensure prompt treatment decisions and provide superior patient care.
The cornerstone is our team of board-certified, fellowship-trained breast pathologists and non-gyn cytopathologists from renowned institutions who are excited about technology and innovation and its promise of helping patients.
Our breast pathologists are accessible to you and ensure that you receive comprehensive sub-specialized diagnostics and prompt, clear reports.
As a CBLPath breast pathology client, you benefit from the most comprehensive anatomic and molecular pathology services and expertise available. We offer all required tests to render a diagnosis:
- Comprehensive diagnostic review with clinical-radiologic correlation
- Immunohistochemical (IHC) studies :
- myoepithelial cell markers, lobular vs ductal phenotype, mammary lineage markers to establish primary breast origin vs metastatic CA, IHC panel for basal-like breast cancer
- Prognostic/predictive markers (standard): ER, PR, HER2, Ki-67 (proliferation index), P53 (tumor suppressor gene)
- Other biomarkers
- EGFR mutation (IHC and molecular test), Androgen receptor (AR), PD-L1 (Ventana SP-142)
- HER2 by FISH
- Image analysis (Aperio system)
- ProSigna – gene expression assay for post-menopausal ER+/HER- cancer patients*
- Second opinions and call-backs for significant or unusual findings
- Intradepartmental consensus conference review of all suspicious and malignant cases, as well as cases with significant findings, which may require surgical consultation
- Structured reports with color photomicrographs and easy-to-read results
*Performed in collaboration with laboratories affiliated with CBLPath
Most Commonly Ordered Tests
Find an up-close, in-depth, and detailed examination of a variety of breast pathology cases, as well as its related contextual conditions including histology, cytopathology, diagnosis and follow up protocol to help ensure comprehensive sub-specialized diagnostics. Our breast pathologists are accessible to you and ensure that you receive comprehensive sub-specialized diagnostics.
CBLPath is pleased to offer an array of informative diagnosis-specific reports that provide relevant resources and help patients have a better understanding of their medical conditions. These reports demonstrate our commitment to the mission of partnering with our physician clients to provide the best patient care, and they also assist physicians and patients in making the most appropriate individualized healthcare decisions.