Specialized Hematopathology Care
Helping Deliver Better Medicine, Faster
A unique service
CBLPath’s Department of Hematopathology combines the performance of an academic institution with the service of a local facility to help you deliver definitive diagnoses, ensure prompt treatment decisions and provide superior patient care.
The cornerstone is our team of board-certified, fellowship-trained hematopathologists from renowned institutions who are excited about technology and innovation and its promise of helping patients.
Our hematopathologists are accessible to you and ensure that you receive comprehensive sub-specialized diagnostics and prompt, clear reports.
As a CBLPath hematopathology client, you benefit from the most comprehensive sub-specialized diagnostics available. We offer all required tests to render a diagnosis along with:
• Same-day bone marrow aspirate interpretation
• Comprehensive test menu including bone marrow morphology, flow cytometry, fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH), cytogenetics and molecular diagnostics
• Superior turnaround time
• Direct access to your local hematopathologist, including a call-back program for significant or unusual findings
• Automatic external second opinion, when needed
• State-of-the-industry reports that correlate all results in a clear-concise and color-coded format
• Results delivered via remote color printer, fax and/or the internet
• Capability of simultaneous report delivery to the requesting and referring physicians' offices
• Ability to interface with a variety of electronic medical records and lab information systems
• Unique specimen kit that includes all components for easy collection and transport
• Preprinted, easy-to-use requisitions with bar-coded specimen jar labels
• Supplies and daily scheduled courier pickups provided
• Extensive insurance coverage and patient-friendly billing policy