Specialized Breast Pathology Care
Helping Deliver Better Medicine, Faster
A unique service
CBLPath’s Department of Breast Pathology combines the performance of an academic institution with the service of a local facility to help you deliver definitive diagnoses, ensure prompt treatment decisions and provide superior patient care.
The cornerstone is our team of board-certified, fellowship-trained breast pathologists and non-gyn cytopathologists from renowned institutions who are excited about technology and innovation and its promise of helping patients.
Our breast pathologists are accessible to you and ensure that you receive comprehensive sub-specialized diagnostics and prompt, clear reports.
As a CBLPath breast pathology client, you benefit from the most comprehensive anatomic and molecular pathology services and expertise available. We offer all required tests to render a diagnosis:
- Comprehensive diagnostic review with clinical-radiologic correlation
- Immunohistochemical (IHC) studies :
- myoepithelial cell markers, lobular vs ductal phenotype, mammary lineage markers to establish primary breast origin vs metastatic CA, IHC panel for basal-like breast cancer
- Prognostic/predictive markers (standard): ER, PR, HER2, Ki-67 (proliferation index), P53 (tumor suppressor gene)
- Other biomarkers
- EGFR mutation (IHC and molecular test), Androgen receptor (AR), PD-L1 (Ventana SP-142)
- HER2 by FISH
- Image analysis (Aperio system)
- ProSigna – gene expression assay for post-menopausal ER+/HER- cancer patients*
- Second opinions and call-backs for significant or unusual findings
- Intradepartmental consensus conference review of all suspicious and malignant cases, as well as cases with significant findings, which may require surgical consultation
- Structured reports with color photomicrographs and easy-to-read results
*Performed in collaboration with laboratories affiliated with CBLPath